TEHRAN, Young Journalists Club (YJC) -Saudi fighter jets conducted aerial assaults against the Office of Agricultural Extension in the al-Durayhimi district of the province on Tuesday afternoon, leaving four people dead and two others injured, unnamed local sources told Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network.
Earlier in the day, Saudi warplanes targeted a residential building in Bani Sa’ad area of the al-Dhaher district in the mountainous northwestern province of Sa’ada. There were no immediate reports about possible casualties and the extent of damage caused.
Separately, scores of Saudi-backed militiamen loyal to resigned president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi were killed when a powerful bomb explosion ripped through their military vehicle in Hudaydah province.
A Yemeni military source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Yemeni army soldiers, supported by fighters from allied Popular Committees, detonated a roadside bomb as the vehicle was travelling along a road in the al-Faazeh area.
Bombing in Aden wounds politician, three others
Meanwhile, Yemeni officials say a prominent politician, his son and two other people have sustained injuries in roadside bombing in the southern port city of Aden.
The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the assassination attempt targeted Aref Ahmed Ali of the Salafist Islah Party in Maala neighborhood of the city, situated 346 kilometers (214 miles) south of the capital Sana’a.
They added that the wounded have been taken to hospitals for treatment.
No group has claimed the responsibility for the attack yet.
The bomb came only two days after unknown gunmen fatally shot Colonel Nasser Makireh al-Jaadani, an intelligence official at the Aden airport in front of Ba Janid Mosque in the central Khor Mukasar district of Aden.
Jaadani’s body was later transferred to the Republican Hospital.
The assassination came as the city of Aden has been recently witnessing a growing number of assassinations of security officials and Muslim preachers.
The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the Saudi-led war had left some 600,000 civilians dead and injured since March 2015.
The United Nations says a record 22.2 million Yemenis are in need of food aid, including 8.4 million threatened by severe hunger.
A high-ranking UN aid official has warned against the “catastrophic” living conditions in Yemen, stating that there is a growing risk of famine and cholera there.
“The conflict has escalated since November, driving an estimated 100,000 people from their homes,” John Ging, UN director of aid operations, told the UN Security Council on February 27.
Source: Press TV