TEHRAN, Young Journalists Club (YJC) - In a message on Saturday, the IRGC commander expressed his condolences to the father of a 4-year-old boy who was among those killed in last week’s terrorist attack on a military parade in Ahvaz.
Denouncing the attack by anti-Iranian terrorists whom he described as “servants” of the US and the Zionist regime, the general said the crime has strengthened the IRGC’s resolve to safeguard the Islamic Revolution’s values and counter the plots hatched by the enemies.
The IRGC forces are determined to strike the enemies and their proxies like a devastating thunderbolt, the general added.
During the military parade in Ahvaz on September 22, Takfiri militants opened fired on military officials and ordinary people in the event, killing 25 people and injuring more than 60 others.
A senior spokesman for the Iranian Armed Forces said four terrorists were involved in the attack, noting that they had hidden their rifles in the parade venue beforehand.
The so-called Al-Ahvaziya terrorist group claimed responsibility for the attack.