They said that while over 150 protesters had been taken into custody, pro-police demonstrators had been allowed to freely take to the streets, reads the lawsuit filed in federal court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin on Tuesday.
"In Kenosha, there are two sets of laws - one that applies to those who protest police brutality and racism, and another for those who support the police," the plaintiffs argue in their suit, which seeks a temporary restraining order until the litigation can be heard in court.
The lawsuit, which seeks unspecified monetary damages, was lodged on the same day that President Donald Trump paid a visit to the city and promised to increase funding for its police force.
Kenosha has been the scene of fresh wave of protests after a white police officer shot Jacob Blake, a 29-year-old black man, multiple times in front of his children during an arrest on August 23.
The shooting of the unarmed African American is said to have left him paralyzed from the waist down, and has since sparked violent rallies in Kenosha as well as other cities across the United States, with protesters setting buildings and cars.