Young Journalists Club | Latest news of Iran and world

News ID: 7686
Iran » Iran
Publish Date: 20:12 - 11 February 2017
Iran obtained self-sufficiency in production of the 4th strategic element of the world, magnesium.
Iran becomes self-sufficient in magnesium productionIran has so far managed become self-sufficient in production of iron, copper and aluminum and its self-sufficiency in magnesium came true as it inaugurated Ferdous Magnesium Plant. 

China is producing 80 percent of the world’s magnesium and the remaining 20 percent share belongs to Ukraine and Germany.

Iran is now a serious rival for China in magnesium production as it opened the plant.

Poland, India, Slovenia, UK, Netherland and Czech Republic have ordered consignment from the factory.

The plant is capable of producing 6.000 tons with annual production of over $20 million.

The plant’s construction started in 2011.

Iran became the only magnesium producer in the region as it opened the plant.

Tags
Your Comment
Name:
Email:
* Comment:
* captcha: