TEHRAN, April 14, YJC - A representative of the North Korean General Staff said that Pyongyang will launch a "preemptive strike" in case of any US' "political, economic or military provocation."
TEHRAN, Young Journalists Club (YJC) -
"All political, economic and military provocational schemes will be decisively disrupted by a superpowerful response from our army and people," the statement cited by the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said.
According to the DPRK, Pyongyang's response will include preemptive strikes from sea, air and land.
The North Korean General Staff vowed to target US military bases in Japan, South Korea and the residence of the South Korean president in Seoul in case of US aggression.
The US military bases in Osan, Kunsan and Pyeongtaek, as well as the South Korean presidential residence were named as possible targets that may be "turned into ashes in a matter of minutes."
Also, the representative of the North Korean General Staff called for not forgetting that the DPRK missiles are aimed at US bases in Japan, as well as in the US itself.
Moreover, the DPRK General Staff said it is ready to strike a US aircraft carrier, USS Carl Vinson.
"The closer large targets approach [North Korea], including the US nuclear aircraft carrier, the more effective the annihilating strike will be," the General Staff said.
Earlier in the day, US officials said that Washington is prepared to use conventional weapons against North Korea if they feel that Pyongyang is about to pull the trigger on its sixth nuclear weapons test.
On Thursday, the DPRK released another warning, saying, "By relentlessly bringing in a number of strategic nuclear assets to the Korean peninsula, the US is gravely threatening the peace and safety and driving the situation to the brink of a nuclear war."
On April 5, North Korea reportedly launched a ballistic missile from Sinpho, South Hamgyong province, in the direction of the Sea of Japan.
US officials announced on Saturday that an aircraft carrier strike group was sent to the Korean peninsula amid rising tensions.
On Sunday, US National Security Adviser Lt. Gen. Herbert McMaster said that President Donald Trump had ordered preparation of all possible options in order to protect the United States and its partners from the threat emanating from North Korea, Sputnik reported.